I am so excited to tell you that this is the new home for my Blog, as all recent Blog posts aren't showing up on my website.
I have been making so many changes lately and one of the nicest changes is how much time I dedicate to self love and self care. I found that my life was crazy and every day I was giving and giving and giving. Everyday I felt drained and resentful because I wasn't devoting enough time to myself.
A few weeks ago I realised that this had to change. I talk about self care a lot in the workshops I run but I haven't shown up in my own life and followed through. I fell off the waggon so to speak. So I sat down and meditated.
- Meditation is a big part of my practice as it stops me from detouring into the Wailing Banshee of the West.
- So in meditation I realised that everyday I want to:
- Meditate-even if it is just for a few minutes a day
- Write-this could be my gratitude list, free writing, writing to help others
- Have fun-kicking leaves, playing ball, taking an Epsom salt Bath, Reading
- Have a shower! Do you realise how scared this one is :) Showering is the best way to either start the new day or wash away the energy of the previous day
- Set intentions-Everyday I set my intentions for the day. 'I will be kind', 'I will be of service', 'I will have a good day.'
Take a moment and this about your own self care. Have you got a self care ritual? If not what things can you do each day for you?
These don't need to be a huge list, it could be one thing for 5 minutes a day. It just has to be sacred to you.